DIY - Sand filled glass bottles from your travel

Hyams beach in Jervis bay was one place I just had to visit before we packed our bags and said goodbye to Sydney. Hyams beach is listed in the Guinness Book of World records as the whitest sand beach in the world -yes, it beats Maldives and Mexico! 

We picked a beautiful Saturday morning for the five hour drive to Jervis Bay. It is definitely less than five hours from Sydney but with gorgeous look out points on the way, we had to stop and go and repeat. 

Hyams beach was picture perfect, way more than I had ever imagined!

A sucker for senti stuff that I am, I was in no way going to leave without a piece of this breadth-taking marvel. I couldn't spot any little shops that sold magnets on the beach, so I filled my empty panadol cardboard box with sand and brought it home. The box came along to Hyderabad with me. After much contemplation on what exactly I could do with the sand, I finally got down to preserving my day at Hyams beach. Here is the result - a little bottle filled with sand, plugged with cork and a beautiful picture framed together. My own keepsake that will go up on my gallery wall. 

I am totally in love with this! Probably the most precious souvenir from all my travels. 

What do you like to collect from your travel? Have you brought back anything silly?



Memories in a bottle



Hyams Beach


Share your thoughts :

@karibykriti