Creating a cozy nook in my home

I have always visualized my ideal home as one that would house a cozy corner for me to curl up in. Until now I never really got a chance to create something even close but I finally managed to utilize a little alcove in my new home for some personal space. 

The alcove was originally intended to be a pantry or a Pooja room adjacent to the kitchen but our landlord (Bless him!) decided to leave it open on two sides. The previous tenants had placed their super large fridge in the space but I had better ideas. 

I searched far and wide for a bookshelf and finally found one that was the perfect fit in the space and almost looks customized. I then had my old recliner reupholstered in a warm brown and placed it on a 3 x 5 Pottery Barn rug. Voila! The basic structure was ready. I then re-purposed a kilim table runner from Pottery Barn that I had been hoarding and turned it into a wall hanging. Finally, a little black table later my own lovely little cozy nook was ready and I love it!

Here are a few pictures:

The empty space adjacent to the kitchen (you can spot my fridge in the left corner) In the original plan the inner wall was closed and there was a door in the front. (again Bless the landlord!)



After the transformation


This is to show you how tiny the space actually is:




Share your thoughts :

@karibykriti