Interesting dream catchers

I have always been fascinated by dream-catchers and once owned a terribly ugly one that gave me nothing but nightmares. It was ultimately thrown out and eversince I have been looking at updating my room with another beautiful one. Shops on Etsy have always fascinated me and I am often left boggled by the fact that there are such creative people out there! I eventually and virtually stepped into Etsy once more to find my perfect *Dream Catcher*. And yet again, I was absolutely amazed to find 194 pages of dream catchers in all shapes, sizes, jewelry, car mobiles, baby mobiles and even IPod covers.

Dream catchers are originally a Native American tradition but are now popular all over. The belief is that a Dream catcher hung over the bed filters the good dreams, slips them down the soft feathers and catches the bad dreams in the web that expire with the first rays of the Sun. Read more about them here.


The dream net has been made
For many generations
Where spirit dreams have played.
Hung above the cradle board,
Or in the lodge up high,
The dream net catches bad dreams,
While good dreams slip on by.
Bad dreams become entangled
Among the sinew thread.
Good dreams slip through the center hole,
While you dream upon your bed.
This is an ancient legend,
Since dreams will never cease,
Hang this dream net above your bed,
Dream on, and be at peace.
~~Author Unknown.~~


The story is so awesome that I had to share my my picks from Etsy.



Photo credit and Get these here:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reference:
http://freespace.virgin.net/derek.berger/dreamcatcher.html
Wikipedia
dreamcatchers1.com

Share your thoughts :

@karibykriti