A home that tells a story

I recently read something that struck a strong cord with me. In an article, the designer wrote "My perfect home is one where everything I own has a story to tell."

I visited a friend in Sydney where she showed me her writing table. It was originally a wooden school desk in Indonesia that instead of being trashed was shipped off to be re-purposed in Australia and finally found a loving home. In one corner of the desk was a name scribbled in a child's handwriting. I could see my friend beam with pride when she told me the story behind her writing table.

I have such love for a set of gold rimmed and vintage floral tea cups. These were a gift from a group of Spanish colleagues for my wedding. In these five years, I have never ever used them and I don't think I ever will. Although I often pull out my tea set, admire the cups, saucers and the tea pot and put them back. What makes it special is the handwritten note that came along.

I wish I grow into a home with many stories.



"I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think" - Rumi


Share your thoughts :

@karibykriti