Enchanting Lamps eyed in Sydney!

There is something so wonderfully mysterious about lamps! I've been spotting incredibly beautiful lamps in Sydney these days. Its almost as if someone has cast an enchanting spell and I have developed a sudden attraction to encased light bulbs! 

I spotted these absolutely gorgeous Mosaic lamps at Xanthi, the Greek Restaurant in Sydney City's Westfield mall. A meal at Xanthi is always a wonderful experience and it took me a third visit to actually look close and appreciate the beauty of the mosaic lamps that add a touch of Arabian Nights in the middle of Sydney. I guess I was just too busy gorging on their 'out of this World' Baklava ice cream. Mosaic lamps are originally handmade on a brass base. Pieces of colored glasses are stuck in a pattern and were originally used to decorate Sultan's Palaces in Turkey, Greece and the Middle East. The patterned lamp projects an array of colored light and has a mesmerizing effect. Must visit Xanthi for a meal and the lamps, or vice-versa.


Another brilliant idea to upcycle your stash of beer bottles. I spotted this really innovative beer bottle lamp at Mad Mex again in the Westfield Sydney City. 


Finally, This is a photo of the Miu Miu shop window. I love the way they have put together wind spinners/ sun catchers to create a bedazzling effect for their window. 




All of these lamps can easily be replicated at home with a little bit of effort and lots of patience!
All photos were taken by me

Share your thoughts :

@karibykriti